Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What's going on around here.

Tax stuff finished!!! YEA!!!

With so many shows, trying to compile tax stuff, our time off is usually catching up on chores around the farm. But we decided to take some time off from the studio and all the work, and cook a simple meal for family and friends, for Easter. Hubby grilled chicken and I made my mom-n-law's famous baked beans and my friend Jena's famous potato salad. It was fun and delicious!

My grandson "G" is now almost walking and just enough to get into everything. lol So all the pottery I've collected throughout all of the years, is now stored safely in my room. Away from sticky little fingers that love "shiny" things. lol. So my house is bare from about 3 feet down.



The apple tree has gotten tons of tiny apples on it, so we are hoping to have a good harvest again this summer.



We finally moved our old 4 bee hives to another bee yard, and then we get 2 more hives for our yard. We decided from now on not to just paint them white, but any color we can get. So these are painted a pretty orange. lol.

The rest of the animals are doing great. Chickens are laying, roosters are crowing, turkey is still just wandering around. All the feral cats are fixed now and happily hanging out in the kiln shed.


Adopted a new dog. Her name is Tashi and she's an Lhasa Aspa, I know I spelt that wrong. lol




Pots are steadily coming off the wheel and the kilns are steadily being fired for upcoming shows.


Check my calendar page for locations, dates and times. Hope to see you at one of them.

No comments: